Thread: I can't login to my account! I changed the mail at U1 to forum mail still no go

Beans

Unhappy I can't login to my account! I changed the mail at U1 to forum mail still no go

The instructions for accessing the account are very complicated. I logged in with SSO and was promply dumped into a new account. I read the instructions for changing the email at U1 to the one at Ubuntu Forums. I logged out and logged back in and all I got was the new account. I have the forum email and the U1 email both listed at U1, do I need to actually delete the U1 email completely? What am I suppose to do. I have tons of history with the old account and I am pretty upset that I can't access my old account. I have somewhere to be so I won't be able to respond till late this afternoon. Please post very clear and concise step by step instructions for getting your old account back.

Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: I can't login to my account! I changed the mail at U1 to forum mail still no go

moved to resolution center

Beans

Re: I can't login to my account! I changed the mail at U1 to forum mail still no go

My old account is mechamechanism.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

You need to remove e-mai from login.ubuntu.com that aren't the forum one.

https://login.ubuntu.com/+emails

You should be able to deal with e-mails there - I just checked, it works fine.

Once you have associated sso with the forum mail account then come back, let us know and we will do the rest. I'm not going to disassociate you yet - you'll end up with yet another account.

If you have forgotten the forum mail - then we need to discuss that.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    You need to remove e-mai from login.ubuntu.com that aren't the forum one.

https://login.ubuntu.com/+emails

You should be able to deal with e-mails there - I just checked, it works fine.

Once you have associated sso with the forum mail account then come back, let us know and we will do the rest. I'm not going to disassociate you yet - you'll end up with yet another account.

If you have forgotten the forum mail - then we need to discuss that.
    Sent you a pm with account details and to say it's still not working.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You can PM me...
    LOOKS like you should be good to logout and log back in. (Might wanna logout of SSO, too).
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad] [Sub-forum]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net