Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And on it goes...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

And on it goes...

Xubuntu 13.10 has been working great over the past week. Numerous updates, and now past the Alpha 2 milestone. There is nothing I've seen wrong, that shouldn't be corrected with updates in the near future. Remarkably solid development cycle so far IMO.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; July 31st, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: And on it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    Xubuntu 13.10 has been working great over the past week. Numerous updates, and now past the Alpha 2 milestone. There is nothing I've seen wrong, that shouldn't be corrected with updates in the near future. Remarkably solid development cycle so far IMO.
    I would agree although with the exception of the white panels on Gnome Fallback http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...811&p=12688221
    They are still there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    I installed it about 3 days ago but have been too busy to actually test it thuroughly.

Beans

Are they going to muck it all up by shoving it onto mir?
    If so, will I still be able to play my 3d games on the proprietary nvidia drivers?

I've been happy with xubuntu for a long time, and would hate to see it mucked up by something I have no interest in.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post
    If so, will I still be able to play my 3d games on the proprietary nvidia drivers?

I've been happy with xubuntu for a long time, and would hate to see it mucked up by something I have no interest in.
    It looks like Lubuntu, Kubuntu won’t but apparently everything else will.
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/06/l...nst-mir-switch

We may to give Lubuntu or Kubuntu some serious thought.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I would agree although with the exception of the white panels on Gnome Fallback http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...811&p=12688221
    They are still there.
    Noted.

My comments apply only to Xubuntu. Mileage during the development cycle may vary with other testers for U-K-Lubuntu, of course, versions that personally I have no interest in, nor do I pay much attention to them specifically here on the forums. The software stack with the Xubuntu program replacements and add-ons, are my only interest. As said, so far, Xubuntu has gone well with those thingees specific to my installation. I've participated in and reported a couple of bugs, but, they're not serious in my opinion (my Launchpad nick is different than OrangeCrate), and should be fixed prior to release.

Beans
    Distro

It just updated very nicely with no glitches except it wanted to send off a bug, which I ignore because they most often fail to get sent.

Beans
    Distro

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    It just updated very nicely with no glitches except it wanted to send off a bug, which I ignore because they most often fail to get sent.
    I'm with you, most times they never complete. So, my strategy (similar to your's, I'm sure) when one of these pop up, is to check the detail, and if interesting, copy it, and then go to Launchpad, and search for the issue. Generally, there's already a dialog page, and depending upon previous entries, I may or may not participate in the "me too" process. Over the past couple of weeks, I have reported two new bugs. Like I said though, most problems will catch up on their own. (Example: There are problems with alacarte right now, but, I'd almost bet the farm, it'll work fine prior to release.)
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; July 31st, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post

+1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast