Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When there is time, could you straighten out the mess I made of my account?

Beans

Ubuntu forums new login

I just got back to the forums after all the hard work the peopel involved put into getting things fixed (a BIG thank you btw!). With the new (sso?) login procedure, I had to go set up my ubuntu one account - or maybe I should say start my existing ubuntu one account. It had my
    == EDIT ==
    OLD user name from the forum there.

I was previously on the forum as "anewguy", but dropped that to "squakie". My Ubuntu One account for my email is still "anewguy". So hence the new account "anewguy2".

So I need to know how to get back to my userid of "squakie", including what ever I have to do on Ubuntu One.

== END OF EDIT ==

Before I mess this up even more, can someone tell me what I did wrong and how to correct it?

Thank you.
    Last edited by anewguy2; July 30th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu forums new login

Update: I logged in to Ubuntu One again and made the following changes:

changed username to match my account on the forums

changed password to match my account on the forums

However, when I go to log in, it shows a screen with my full name as "squakie" but my userid is still set to "anewguy2".

Please help - I followed the post regarding the new logon procedure before I opened this thread. I've seen another thread on this that what moved to the community cafe - with no solution either.

PLEASE HELP - I don't want a completely new userid - I want my old account.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The preferred email address on your Ubuntu One account has to be the same as the email address you are registered at the forums with.

From the front page of the forums...
    If you have an existing Ubuntu Forums account please ensure that your preferred email address on login.ubuntu.com matches that associated with your Ubuntu Forums account. This way your accounts will be linked automatically. If you have an Ubuntu Forums account but no Ubuntu One (SSO) account, please go to login.ubuntu.com and create an Ubuntu One account with the same email address associated with your Ubuntu Forums account.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Questions and problems regarding the forums should be posted in Forum Feedback & Help, where I've moved your thread. 'General Help' is for Ubuntu support.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Moved to resolution center
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    So don't be ashamed to wear your crown, you're a king you're a queen inside and out

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Go here, and make sure your Display name, and name are what you want.

Beans

When there is time, could you straighten out the mess I made of my account?

My other post got merged in somewhere, then I just checked that and it was recommended in that thread to post here. So PLEASE excuse me if this is somehow duplicating now, but here's the deal:

• user name in the forums: squakie
    • email in the forums? I don't know. Carribou asked about a gmail account, so apparently I had that set up and didn't know, and I have no clue how to access it anyway
    • Ubuntu One: is under my yahoo address, and is going by my old userid (anewguy)

If my forum account (squakie) could be changed to my yahoo email account, then perhaps this wouild work. I would just need to try to get the password straight so the Ubuntu One account is using my forum's password until I can change both. Sorry for the mess - I just didn't know all this was going to happen and my email has all changed since set up.

I know everyone has done a LOT of work to get things back up (THANKS! btw), and I know there are people out there with real problems that need real answers. I personally have all the time in the world,

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: When there is time, could you straighten out the mess I made of my account?

Merged.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

squakie, I sent you an email with the two accounts use the squakie email account to login.

Beans

Right now I can't - I've been working on it since you sent the email. I didn't see the gmail account in the email list so I went to add it. When finished, it said that email was already in but not confirmed. I clicked on the link to send me instructions but never got anything. I don't have anything in either email account that was a confirmation email.

So, I'm still stuck. Sorry to be such a pain - I should have updated the ubuntu one account before but I really forgot about it when the old id was disabled and the new one activated in the forums. So, I've have a mess of my own making (go figure that, huh?).

At any rate, I'm in no hurry - please help others that really need the help. When there is time if you could just tell me what to do to clear up the mess I made it would be appreciated.

btw - I tried just creating a new ubuntu one account with the gmail address but it said it couldn't do that.

Thanks again, and remember - no hurry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast