Thread: Ubuntu account messed

Beans

Ubuntu account messed

Did the best I could to follow instructions, but now my ubuntu forums account, when I logged in changed my username from Hewjr100 to Hewjr1002 and made me a new user, also I added my current email address (hotmail live account), to I think to ubuntu one account but it will not let me change it to preferred, it keeps going back to gmail, which I have but do not use anymore.

How can I get my ubuntu forums account Hewjr100 back. If this is not possible then by all means delete all ubuntu accounts, ubuntu one or anything related. I cannot afford to have messed up accounts with my info in limbo simply because I don't have privaleges to change security info. can't even change my email address let alone private personal info

Sorry that the forums get messed up, but I must be allowed to change my info, or at least have it destroyed.

Henry

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu account messed

Moved to forum feedback and help
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    Okay then. We're relying on mirror dust and fairies but now we have a plan which is progress - Emma

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'll check for differences...

As you pointed out, the accounts differ between gmail and another.
    Last edited by Iowan; July 31st, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

moved to resolution center
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    Okay then. We're relying on mirror dust and fairies but now we have a plan which is progress - Emma

Beans

The problem seems to be that I changed my email to a live account, but when I logged into the forums with th sso as directed, it only would accpet my gmail account. So for whatever reason it generated a new account with a new username: hewjr1002. Having done that I now cannot access my original account under Hewjr100, this account has all my info. I am not putting any info in this account hewjr1002, other than the username and new password. Hover the old account has the old username and password, and that is what bothers me. Just delete both of them as soon as possible. As for ubuntu one I did add my new email and changed password, but it will not let me make new email preferred so that I can remove old email. Whom do I need to contact to fix this preffered email problem?

Henry

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

If you are having difficulty setting your preferred email in Ubuntu One, try the contact us link here to contact the Ubuntu One admins:

https://one.ubuntu.com/help/faq/how-...te-my-account/

Once you've sorted out that, post back here and we'll do what we need to get you back to your original forum account.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Ok I got the email problem is fixed at ubuntu one, deleted gmail address and set live account as preferred.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I disassociated this account - log out, then log back in.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net