Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Edge Superphone Indiegogo Campaign

Beans

Exclamation Ubuntu Edge Superphone Indiegogo Campaign

Ok we finally have the forums available. Please discuss every possible idea regarding how to improve the campaign in this everpad: http://titanpad.com/Z1KAGgiXmv

Product comparison, Edge vs current phones here: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...s3FiTNIbo/edit

I'll contact you to execute the best ideas.
    Last edited by Moiso; July 30th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Edge Superphone Indiegogo Campaign

We need more perk levels t-shirts wont last forever to keep the current $/s rate.

Beans

Accessories needs to be added to speed up the process. I know Mark in the Reddit AMA said that he will not have it included as part of this campaign but I think it would be needed.
    Also, option to buy engraved phones

Beans

Those are all good suggestions, however we have to remember that it takes 25-30 T-shirts to get the same amount as a phone. T-shirts and other items are good ways to get some more money from those not able to willing to part for enough money for the phone. However, ff this is to succeed we also need more people to pledge for phones.

And I guess either way, we definitely need to get more people to visit the campaign page. How do we do that?

Beans

Polo shirt proposal quickly done in gimp:

I just asked myself:
    What phone will I use when the campain might fail. Unthinkable!

Beans

I still think some degree of price differentiation is required. What most mobile phone manufacturers use in order to sell the same product to different customers is to vary the internal storage, and I believe a 64 GB version at $650 could work well. I imagine many prospective backers will feel that they are paying over the odds given that most people paid less than they would, something that does not work well in this age of price transparency, where the consumer expects to always get the lowest price. If you feel you're paying over the odds, chances are that you will not buy, regardless of whether the deal still represents good value for money or not.

While the 128GB version cannot now be made cheaper again, offering a different version for a lower price might work. Those who feel they won't need the full amount of memory think they still get a good deal (as others have paid more), while those who want the 128GB will continue to pay more, feeling they also get more.

Unfortunately, Canonical has pretty much ruled out this option. Perhaps phones with 64GB sold at $650 would make a loss? If not, I'd hope they reconsider.

Beans

I think adding a little extra like engraving on the phone if you pledge 830$+ will make people more willing to buy it at such price instead of the lower 775$ without the engraving. Hmm..a good question is also trying to attract others who might not be too familiar with ubuntu and definitely more media coverage. Maybe posting in every media website you're subscribed to and trying to sell this phone as an incredible piece of technology and the open-base of it could be a good seller for those who are tired of using products that don't give a lot of flexibility with changes (ex apple) but still want the best piece of hardware available.

Beans

Here's a massive Ubuntu Edge link compilation made by me and several kindred souls: http://paste.pagelines.com/65n
    Use it well!
    Last edited by saiyan-iv; July 30th, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Beans

Hi,

I made Ubuntu Edge Funding Graph for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tuedgefounding and I added a link to the campaign aiming to win the Ubuntu Edge Referral Contest so, those who support the campaign clicking in the UbuntuEdge Campaign link ( http://igg.me/at/ubuntuedge/x/4108998 ) will be helping me to win a Ubuntu Edge

Beans

Wow! really helpful page, thank you

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast