Thread: Uploaded files at Ubuntu One few months ago, but enabled Desktop app recently..!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Uploaded files at Ubuntu One few months ago, but enabled Desktop app recently..!

So I enabled the Desktop app of Ubuntu One recently few days ago.

Few months ago, I uploaded few files (some of 700 MBs)...at Ubuntu One's website in my account..

Now when I have enabled this Desktop app, I think it is downloading files from Ubuntu One's web account to my computer.....It has been many days now...at least 5 to 6 days...but it is still downloading files........weird huh!!...

Pop-Up comes many times at right-top that it is downloading files....

I do not want to download those files....i just want them to be there on web.....

Someone help...!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Uploaded files at Ubuntu One few months ago, but enabled Desktop app recently..!

satymM,

I think you have a couple of choices.

First, othe Devices tab, you could remove your computer/device, so it doesn't synchronize (but that could make installing the Ubuntu One app pointless).

Alternatively, you can chose which folders to synchronize on the Folders tab. Uncheck the "Sync Locally" checkbox next to folders that you do not want to download files into). Then continue to use the web interface (https://one.ubuntu.com/files/) to upload files, without them being downloaded back to your computer.