Thread: Graphics card not showing in lspci

Beans

Graphics card not showing in lspci

I just got a new graphics card, before I was using the integrated graphics on an amd a6. Well, that is recognised under lspci, but the new one is not.
    The card is an msi r7770 pmd1gd5. I've attempted to install the catalyst drivers, but that just created more problems (would boot to the splash screen and get stuck there, I left it like that for an hour to make sure. Other times I would just get black screens). I've spent about two days on this and haven't made any progress.
    Please help, I just want to play my games

I'm not sure what info you will need, also am not sure if this is the right section, so my apologies if this is the wrong one!
    Thanks

Beans

Re: Graphics card not showing in lspci

Okay...now I can get into my desktop, but unity all messed up. The side bar and window decorations are gone and the resolution is too large. I tried resetting it with xrandr and it says my screen resolution is not available. I went into display settings and it says "laptop" and only has 1260x720 available...
    what do?

Beans

I just reinstalled lightdm and rebooted. Now when I boot up it shows lines of white text followed by [ok]
    Someone please help!

Beans

rebooted again, now I'm just getting a black screen

Beans

can't even get to the login screen at all now