Thread: Nautilus window starts out as blue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Nautilus window starts out as blue

Every once in a blue moon (pun not intended) my Nautilus window opens and is like peacock blue, (awful colour!), Then it changes to white and the icons appear. Was thinking it might be a video driver, but I have only had luck with one. I have an HP Touchsmart with a Nvidia 9300M GS video card. All drivers but the Nvidia 173 cause the pc to lock up. So... I have been stuck with that driver. I was hoping someone has seen this phenom, as I haven't found anything on the internet. I am relatively new to Ubuntu, so please let me know if I can provide more info. You help is greatly appreciated!

PC: HP Touchsmart all in one PC / Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz × 2 / GeForce 9300M GS/PCI/SSE2 / Ubuntu 13.04 / Unity
    Last edited by mickee384; July 19th, 2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added details of my system

Beans
    Distro

Re: Nautilus window starts out as blue

maybe no one has seen this phenom?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Nautilus window starts out as blue

I figured out that the video driver was maybe too old. Finally found one that worked. NVIDIA and VDPAU library 304 (Open Source). Not only is the issue gone, the system is lightning fast when opening and switching applications.