We as a community have the opportunity to show others that we're not going to drop down into the level others perceive us at. Use Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, etc. to your liking. If they make fun of you or give you crap about switching, just let it go. Be the bigger person and say, hey I use Ubuntu cause it fits me. I personally use Xubuntu for programming, listening to music, making DVDs (using bombono), actual things I want to work on because I feel it's faster, cleaner, and more tuned environment. The only reason I still have Windows is for the gaming. I still want to play Tera, RaiderZ, etc. etc. I have a hard time programming in Windows - I like Python and Qt (playing more with GTK though); I'd rather use Exaile or gMusicBrowser than Windows media player, songbird, or (the worst in my opinion) iTunes. I like using GIMP in Linux cause it feels like it works better. Video editing? I use Kdenlive or PiTiVi if it's something quick. Gaming in linux I play Champions of Regnum. Programming I use Eclipse, Bluefish, Glade, and Qt Creator. Browser I still use Chrome. Email I use Thunderbird or Evolution.

Windows I have to search for the software I want to do this or that and usually its something I have to pay for which I give up after about 5 minutes, start up Xubuntu and start downloading what I know I need/want.

Ubuntu is amazing. We as a community need to not fight, argue, or mock others, but stand up and say look, we're here for one another, we'll help anyone who asks, we're patient, and we are Linux - Free and Open Source. =D