Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ubuntu's site has a count down

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: ubuntu's site has a count down

No idea re: the thread deletion or whether I mussed up the link somehow, though I can't find it by searching now (although it's obviously the same topic as this one and should all reasonably be in one thread.) Digging through the Ubuntu website's assets was probably bad form. Liliputing has it all in one place, though (and this thread is suddenly quite useless without pics given the countdown was pulled from the main page.)
    Last edited by Copper Bezel; July 19th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

Well I don't wanna get banned. So no pic here then. Check the comment on OMG if you wanna see it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by caersith View Post
    Copper the thread link is gone. Was it deleted? Or just a missing link?
    Am I going to get banned if I post the Ubuntu Edge phone here. I got the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper Bezel View Post
    No idea re: the thread deletion or whether I mussed up the link somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by caersith View Post
    Well I don't wanna get banned.
    Don't worry, folks, there's nothing ominous going on. The thread that Copper Bezel linked to was removed at the request of the OP. We certainly wouldn't ban for speculation about an intriguing development in the Ubuntu world. I'll be interested myself to see what the announcement is going to be, whether it's about Ubuntu Edge and exactly what Ubuntu Edge turns out to be.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Don't worry, folks, there's nothing ominous going on. The thread that Copper Bezel linked to was removed at the request of the OP. We certainly wouldn't ban for speculation about an intriguing development in the Ubuntu world. I'll be interested myself to see what the announcement is going to be, whether it's about Ubuntu Edge and exactly what Ubuntu Edge turns out to be.
    Thanks for the clarification. Although I don't think it's a speculation any longer since the leaked is from their own web site and I got a chance to look at the file while the site is still unlocked. So I'm pretty sure the teaser is about that phone Ubuntu Edge.

So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by caersith; July 20th, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Beans

Beans

Looks interesting. I've been very interested to see what comes out but I really thought, if anything, things would be pushed back. The real question is will it allow me by default to shop with convenience through various online retailers?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    The real question is will it allow me by default to shop with convenience through various online retailers?
    They plan to provide support for the use of common shopping websites and Internet payment systems, as well as train and flight information. "The Ubuntu Kylin team is cooperating with WPS, the most popular office suite in China, and is creating photo editing and system management tools which could be incorporated into other flavours of Ubuntu worldwide."
    Support for the alternative open source mobile OS developed by Linux shop Ubuntu increased this week as pan-African carrier MTN Group signed up to the cause.
    Last edited by newbie2; July 20th, 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12