Thread: Update the Nvidia Graphics drivers on Bumblebee- xorg uses the nvidia drivers

Beans

Update the Nvidia Graphics drivers on Bumblebee- xorg uses the nvidia drivers

Xorg tries to load the glx driver!!! help..

laptop: i3 3110m
    8gb ddr3

nv620m

Bumbleebee works fine, but if i try to install a more updated version of the nvidia drivers it breaks the intel drivers and xorg is not accelerated nor i can use compositing or anything that bases on glx without using optirun! how can i fix this? Be advised: i don't have a main xorg.conf.

xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/RGTJSspW
    Last edited by sireangelus; July 18th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Update the Nvidia Graphics drivers on Bumblebee- xorg uses the nvidia drivers

if you expect usefull help, then provide the required details:
    - which laptop model ?
    - which graphic drivers version tested ?

Beans

Re: Update the Nvidia Graphics drivers on Bumblebee- xorg uses the nvidia drivers

xubuntu 13.04 x64

ppa bumblebee stable

i3-3110
    8gb of ram
    NVidia 620m (drivers described as " 304-308")

I am also unable to compile any version of the NVidia driver on any kernel higher than 3.9.6(using the same .config!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

We can only have one video driver activated at a time. Bumblebee is an open source driver. If you then install a Nvidia driver then Bumblebee will be deactivated. You do not tell us but because you speak of Bumblebee we can assume that you have Nvidia Optimus technology.

Nvidia has only just started developing a Linux driver for its Optimus technology. It could be that the Nvidia driver you are installing is not capable of running this hybrid video set up.

The Bumble bee project was started as a response to Nvidia's failure to provide a suitable driver in the first place. Owners of Nvidia Optimus technology are much better served now than when Optimus first came out.

This link shows just how far behind Nvidia is in serving its Linux customers.

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/nvidi...s-drivers.html

You may be getting better service from Bumblebee.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

ok... so, i'd like to update the nvidia driver i use WITH bumblebee and not being stuck with the 304.308 default one.

Beans

Up...

Beans

Upppppp