Thread: Can't access some websites

Beans

Can't access some websites

I can't open some websites on the internet, it seems that my DSL connection permits it. (sites like opera.com, speedtest.net ...)
    When i connect ethernet cable with my wireless router (note this is not anymore dsl connection, but a normal ethernet), i can open all those pages. It seems that there is something wrong with the DSL in Network Connections that permits me to open some webpages.
    How to fix this?

Beans

Re: Can't access some websites

bump
    ok i made video, here. with pppoeconf everything its ok, but when i manage my connection with network manager, it blocks

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Have you check the logs to see if there are any clues there? There should be some information regarding ppp in /var/log/syslog. Any errors or warnings in there?

Beans

this is suspicious: http://pastebin.com/GgyRB1LV

Beans

I guess it might be an MTU issue - check the MTU when you are using pppoeconf and again when you are using network manager (e.g. using ifconfig), if necessary adjust the network manager MTU down

Beans

its not the MTU, its 1480

Beans

sorry, I don't understand your network configuration - you have a modem? or a router? or both? are you physically bypassing the router and connecting directly to the modem when you switch from eth to ppp?

Beans

i have wireless internet with Ubiquiti antena, attached to sort-of router. It uses ad-hoc dsl connection. I also have wireless router from who i share internet in my house. When i make connection straight from the antena, i need to make dsl connection and it's only then when i have problems. When i use my wireless router, i don't have problems

Beans

I have exactly the same problem as OP said. Any suggestion?