Thread: problem with HP AIO printer and wireless

Beans

problem with HP AIO printer and wireless

I just bought an HP DeskJet 3512 AIO and configured the wireless using my Mac and the HP driver. The printer is correctly connected to my wireless network. I am trying to isntall the printer in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. When I go to printing and select add printer, the dialog finds the network printer and I accept the defaults. But when I print a test page, it hangs in the queue indefinitely. How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Ryan

Beans

Re: problem with HP AIO printer and wireless

I guess this is sort of solved. I was sure that a fairly recent version of hplip was installed (it was). Not knowing what else to try, I downloaded and installed the software from hp: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/h...lip-3.13.6.run

The script uninstalled the version that came with 12.04LTS and installed a newer version (and quite a few other packages).

My printer is now working wirelessly in Ubuntu and Mac OSX, so I am happy. But the HP people had to solve the problem, so I don't know if that makes Ubuntu people happy or not (in some sense it is really nice to have companies do stuff for you - that is why I buy HP).