Thread: How can i unistall Ubuntu One?

Beans

How can i unistall Ubuntu One?

i think there's a command? anyone knows? grazie (Ubuntu 12.04)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: How can i unistall Ubuntu One?

Do you mean that you want to get rid of Ubuntu One altogether, or that you want to remove your user details so that you can solve an authorisation problem?
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Beans

i'm not using ubuntu one so i want to get rid of it
    Last edited by dinodxr; July 20th, 2013 at 12:50 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

I think that if you try to remove Ubuntu One completely, you risk removing other essential things as well.

The Ubuntu One FAQ at https://one.ubuntu.com/help/faq/how-...ll-ubuntu-one/ will allow you to remove the client software but not all the libraries and so on.
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I find Ubuntu One too intrusive. For example, there is a cloud icon in my top panel that has an attached Ubuntu One menu. One item on the menu is to turn Ubuntu One off. When I do this it turns itself back on again. I don't like this lack of control, particularly where network access is concerned. Does anybody have explicit instructions in removing this application? I am seriously considering changing distros if I can't fully control Ubuntu One.

EDIT
    Found the relevant bits:-

Run the following in a terminal session:

Code:
    killall ubuntuone-login ubuntuone-preferences ubuntuone-syncdaemon
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf ~/.local/share/ubuntuone
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/.cache/ubuntuone
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/.config/ubuntuone
    Code:
    mv ~/Ubuntu\ One/ ~/UbuntuOne_old/``
    If you have UDFs, rename the respective folders. E.g. if you were syncing Documents folders, rename it to Documents_old.

Delete Ubuntu One token:

Open the Dash by clicking the Ubuntu Logo in the upper left corner. Type: Passw . Click Passwords and Encryption Keys. Go to the Passwords tab, click to expand the Password folder, delete the entry called "Ubuntu One". Note that this may not be loaded if you have not subscribed.

In a terminal session run:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge ubuntuone-client python-ubuntuone-storage*
    Last edited by bwallum; August 5th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Itch: Think Hula hoop, positive on top, negative on bottom, roll it. Is it a wave or a particle? Is it a photon? Is a photon a dipole? Are we all made of light!