Thread: Question about xorg edger drivers?

Beans

Question about xorg edger drivers?

So xorg edgers are the only way I can play source engine games, but my few past installs of ubuntu crashed and I thought it was the drivers, then figured out my hdd was failing, so I'm wondering if any of my ubuntu installs died to the experimental drivers, as far as i know back when my hdd worked it only had 34 bad sectors when i checked, the month before that was when ubuntu kept dying and i'm guessing some of them would have been due too the bad sectors, right now my hdd has 395 bad sectors. it was at 34 2 weeks ag, and a month before that when ubuntu started dying it shouldn't have been the sectors because it would only be around 1-2 bad sectors. So would xorg edgers of screwed up my os at all or would it of actually been my hdd?

Beans

Re: Question about xorg edger drivers?

No, Xorg Edgers isn't to blame. Just bad luck and bad timing. I've been using Xorg Edgers for the last year and my Hard Drive is in perfect shape. Because lets face it, a video driver will not screw up a piece of storage hardware. They are two entirely different things.

Well anyways, anything more than say 12 bad sectors is a sign of immenient Hard Drive failure. So in fact, your drive was about to fail before adding the ppa.

Beans

Re: Question about xorg edger drivers?

Well i know the drivers didn't hurt my hdd, i thought maybe the experimental drivers screwed up ubuntu not my hdd. Alot of times when ubuntu failed i would go into recovery and run dpkg, and get a bunch of orphaned Inodes. I'm guessing that was the hdd but just wanna make sure cause i don't wanna have to reinstall ubuntu till my new hdd dies lol