Thread: in Google Calendar, how to add icons to events without "Error downloading event" bug?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

in Google Calendar, how to add icons to events without "Error downloading event" bug?

I use Google Calendar. I mark events that I've attended and done with the "check-mark in the green circle" icon, which is part of the Event Flair lab. But it seems that only Internet Explorer will let me do so without any problems. With other browsers I've used, including Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, I can't "check off" my events without running into the dreaded "Error downloading event." message.

Aside from using Internet Explorer, what can I do to be able to check off my events problem-free?

Beans

Re: in Google Calendar, how to add icons to events without "Error downloading event"

Quote Originally Posted by hanzj View Post
    I use Google Calendar. I mark events that I've attended and done with the "check-mark in the green circle" icon, which is part of the Event Flair lab. But it seems that only Internet Explorer will let me do so without any problems. With other browsers I've used, including Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, I can't "check off" my events without running into the dreaded "Error downloading event." message.

Aside from using Internet Explorer, what can I do to be able to check off my events problem-free?

Its probably because its using some kind of ActiveX which only IE supports. Which is why no other browser works. Welcome to vendor lock in and terrible security. ActiveX is an opendoor to your entire system. And well as for Google Calendar. You might as well be personally writing down your schedule on Google's note they have posted on their frig. In otherwords get off of Google Calendar to first approach solving this issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: in Google Calendar, how to add icons to events without "Error downloading event"

Quote Originally Posted by ronniew View Post
    Its probably because its using some kind of ActiveX which only IE supports.
    Except that Google wants us all to abandon every other browser, including IE, in favor of Chrome.

Hanzj, if you don't get the answer you're looking for here, you might want to ask over at the Google Calendar Forum.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

ronniew,
    Thanks for your reply. Actually, some IE users are reporting the same problem. I don't think it's an ActiveX issue.