Thread: How do I get this person off my tail?

Beans

How do I get this person off my tail?

Okay.....

So, I had someone hack into my android phone awhile back. I was using Skype when it decided to stop working and my phone has been weird ever sense (someone is sending text messages to my husband and leaving blank calls through my phone). Now I used Skype on my Ubuntu 12.04 Classic Gnome.... And I started to have some hilarious trouble. Like... My sound was turned off, YouTube Videos were on fastforward (that was actually amazing), and my Software Center was deleted from my Applications menu. Now I'm pretty fed up and would like to get this hacker to stop causing hell. Can anybody help me?

Beans

Re: How do I get this person off my tail?

Have you tried calling the police? They kinda stop people from doing that.

Beans

Uhmm... and you are like, this amazing chick using Ubuntu and it is like you know, all cool and stuff, except for this thing that is kinda like giving you trouble and such, but while you kinda like know how to install Ubuntu from scratch on your own PC and stuff, you have like, no idea how to handle any of the usual issues that come up sometimes, and it must all be like due to some hacker dude and not due to your own hilarious finger trouble?

Beans

I'd suggest you reformat your system after backing up any data offline. As for your phone, remove any apps you've installed and see if the problem goes away. Consider resetting it to factory settings.

This seems like it would be the cleanest and simplest way to ensure no one's attacking your devices.

Oh, and make sure you set very strong passwords for all of these accounts.

Whether it's a system issue or a hacker, reformatting is probably the fastest solution.
    sig

Beans

Herman: if the OP is a real person and not a troll (which I guess is what you assumed) then you went way too far IMHO. (If I had been her/him I'd have stopped using gnu/linux then and there, and decided that linux users are arrogant). Now, I don't mean to insult you!!! Just want to say to the original OP: that was only Herman saying those things, not anybody else.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

This thread is going off the rails. Closed.