Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTA2 will be on Linux soon!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

DOTA2 will be on Linux soon!

DOTA2 has finally gotten it's official release now and the developers have officially stated the Linux (and Mac) version is to hit soon!

Looking at the comments on the official bug reports it may hit this month!!

Linky -> http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...inux-soon.2144

Beans

Re: DOTA2 will be on Linux soon!

That would be great!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have it on Windows Steam, and am waiting to see it in my Linux library, especially since I boot into Windows (strictly for gaming) about once a week; even Windows 7 irritates me no end whenever I boot into it. OK for games, but only because it runs things that Wine doesn't. Native Linux games run faster on my machine.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

I have it as a gift from someone but haven't yet accepted it. I will once it is released for Linux as I want to be on the safe side with regard to it counting as a "sale" for Linux.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    I have it as a gift from someone but haven't yet accepted it. I will once it is released for Linux as I want to be on the safe side with regard to it counting as a "sale" for Linux.
    What do you want to say by that? Just accept your gift and play it when the beta is released.

Beans

Dota 2 Test is now available under Steam for Linux!!! I'm currently downloading it.

If anyone needs an invite, I can sent you one!

Beans

Dota 2 Test is now available under Steam for Linux!!! I'm currently downloading it.

If anyone needs an invite, I can sent you one!
    Yeah me too I can't believe my eyes I was waiting for this to happen so long 7-8years finally this day comes, Windows goodbye old friend.

Beans

Oh yeah, the same to me. But unfortunately I get "missing excutables" error after downloading the game.
    EDIT: The bin-folder is empty. Seems not to be playable yet.
    Last edited by cRaZyBisCuiT; July 10th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: DOTA2 will be on Linux soon!

Quote Originally Posted by cRaZyBisCuiT View Post
    Oh yeah, the same to me. But unfortunately I get "missing excutables" error after downloading the game.
    EDIT: The bin-folder is empty. Seems not to be playable yet.
    This has happened to me with Dwarfs!? and with the Kickstarted War for the Overworld (a remake|homage of Dungeon Keeper 2), which I have a Steam key for, also Akeniero: Demon Hunters, which does run. Dwarfs!? eventually installed and runs just fine, but War for the Overworld, which has a Bedrock Beta Windows release, is still working on the promised Linux release. It appears to install, but no executable can be found. Once the Linux version is released, it'll install, I have no doubt.

The Steam servers are also streaming DOTA 2 to millions of Windows machines, as it is newly out of beta release. It's kind of like day 1 of a new Ubuntu release; you don't want to try upgrading that day...
    Last edited by oldrocker99; July 11th, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Dota 2 Testing is running now on my mashine. But I got some trouble with graphic glitches. It's already reported on github so it's a known error they're working on.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast