Thread: Can somebody tell me what tuning I need to put my bass in for this song?

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Can somebody tell me what tuning I need to put my bass in for this song?

Pretty much as the title says. I can't find the tuning for this song on any other website. If anyone's a bass player and is good at learning a song by ear, can you please tell me what the tuning is?

Beans

Re: Can somebody tell me what tuning I need to put my bass in for this song?

The song's in B, so my guess is you need a 5-string with a low B to cover the low stuff.

Beans

Ubuntu doesn't endorse the drinking of hot bleach in Hades
    .. but yes, bottom string would be B.

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hmm, I only have a four string. However I tried playing the song in Drop C and I sounds pretty similar. I'll just have to make do with that for now.

Beans

You could always buy yourself a set of 5-string strings and tune your bass B-E-A-D; are you really going to use the G on this kind of music?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lykwydchykyn View Post
    You could always buy yourself a set of 5-string strings and tune your bass B-E-A-D; are you really going to use the G on this kind of music?
    Is a good point...
    ...but you'll need to modify the nut to accept the thicker strings.