View Poll Results: What kind of physical exercise do you perform ?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weight training

15 26.32%
  • Cardio (Jogging, Cycling etc)

35 61.40%
  • Yoga

5 8.77%
  • Sports (please specify)

10 17.54%
  • None

17 29.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of physical exercise do you perform ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.04 Vivid Vervet

What kind of physical exercise do you perform ?

Hi,

I do weight training 4 times a week.

I also do yoga & some cardio.

What about you guys ?
    Ubuntu Mate 15.04
    free
    showing high ram usage ? Read this
    When people say "you've changed " there's a 95% chance that you just stopped acting the way they wanted you to.

Beans

Re: What kind of physical exercise do you perform ?

I used to lift weights and ride bike heavily. Then, we bought our first house. I've unfortunately replaced those activities with remodeling the house, however doing this solo and hanging 4x8 sheets of drywall still helps a little bit, but I'm certainly not getting the cardio I used to. I still feel pretty good though as I quit smoking cigars like a banshee, largely thanks to e-cigs.

All in all, I definitely need to get back on track with this... but right now it's crunch time as our first will be here in a month and I have two rooms to finish before then.
    HOW TO - Set up video surveillance with "Motion"

Buying a Lenovo? Do your research first!
    Some Lenovos have a whitelisted BIOS which prevents you from changing the wifi card.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I live right in the Rocky Mountains, so I go hiking all the time in the summer. I'm also gotten into rock climbing in the last few months (Now THAT is a work out!), and during the winter I play hockey.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I walk for one hour about 3 times a week (sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on my schedule). After walking I do bars (this thing; how do you call it in English?).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Needs more choices. The field work I do for my profession and the projects I work on at home probably count as cardio, but they aren't formal. Basically I carry a ruggedized tablet up and down mountains and hills mapping geologic formations. At home I have gardening and construction projects going on.

For computer geeks, I think regular exercise is important not only for health, but for being a better programmer too. Computing is a fairly sedentary activity, but it puts a lot of demands on your brain. Nothing is better for keeping your brain in good shape than exercise.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

A lot of physical activity every day on my job -- walking, lifting, etc. Otherwise, I like to do push-ups and dumbbell curls, four or five times a week. And I'm on my bicycle almost every day. A little bit of hiking in the mountains. As for sports, about all I do anymore is tennis every now and then and shoot the basketball around on occasion. That's about it, but not bad for a guy my age, and really I'm in a lot better shape than most of the young dudes I work with. I'm really glad that I don't have to sit at a desk all day at work anymore (I worked in offices for quite a few years); I'm on my feet all day now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.04 Vivid Vervet

There was a point when I would jog before going to work. Nothing long or extensive, just enough, really, to wake me up.

For a while I did Fencing but was only able to make it once a week. Fencing is a great cardio workout. Unfortunately it is a good 30 min+ away from home and fairly expensive (club and equipment). The good thing was that for adults we would start later (7-8 PM) and end later (10 PM - midnight).

Otherwise I don't get much time. I get home from work and either there are kids' activities or some scheduling with my wife so I have to be home with the kids.

So I guess the best exercise I do get is the almost once-a-week run in the woods while my wife horseback rides. Nothing like a horse to help keep the pace up!
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by odiseo77 View Post
    I walk for one hour about 3 times a week (sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on my schedule). After walking I do bars (this thing; how do you call it in English?).
    I thought you meant bars to get a drink
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." --Flash Rosenberg

Beans

In my previous life, I was a bicycle cop, for 17 years. Got tired of riding a bike 40+ hrs a week.
    Also a ultrarunner. 50, 100 & 135 mile races. Did Badwater 135 a few years ago, twice. ( 135 mile run through Death Valley in July)
    Running cost me a marriage and yes, it was a good thing.
    Vespa accident in Chiang Mai, Thailand in '08 while I was living there. Kinda put a cramp in my running ability since I damaged a nerve in my left leg and popped a lung and 7 rib fractures.
    It has taken me awhile to get back into the running, shorter distances now ( I no longer have a woman I'm running away from ) and some extra poundage I have taken on since I still eat as though I'm still running 20 miles a day.
    I seem to spend more time on my idiot box now that I have Ubuntu and actually enjoy using the computer when I should be out running.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Euroman View Post
    I thought you meant bars to get a drink
    No, I meant Parallel bars (though the apparatus in the picture in my previous post is not exactly a parallel bars, but here we call it "bars" anyway) .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast