Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crytek is looking for a Linux programmer to work on the Linux version of CryEngine

Beans

Crytek is looking for a Linux programmer to work on the Linux version of CryEngine

Quote Originally Posted by Crytek
    The CryEngine team is looking for a Programmer to work on the Linux version of the 3d engine.

Responsibilities:

• Maintain Linux support for CryENGINE.
    • Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
    • Ensure reliability of Unix based build systems for SDK releases and special projects.
    • Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing.
    • Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
    • Participate in the development of game prototypes and custom solutions for external partners.
    • Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
    • Show a strong passion for customer service and satisfaction.
    • Take initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
    • Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
    • Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
    The above is only an excerpt. Here is the source.

Crysis has not been confirmed yet, but so what? CryEngine is coming to Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Crytek is looking for a Linux programmer to work on the Linux version of CryEngin

This is fantastic news!

Beans

Re: Crytek is looking for a Linux programmer to work on the Linux version of CryEngin

Wow great! Seems like changes are going to happen.

Beans
    Distro

So far we have three major league players, and several minor league players. The major league players include Valve, Blizzard, and now CryTek. The Linux gaming revolution has begun!

Everyone chant with me! Down with Microsoft! Down with Microsoft!~

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

No chants required, with gems like Win8 and Xbox 1, Microsoft is doing a pretty good job of committing suicide.. or at least opening up some market share.

Beans
    Distro

Pretty much. However, marketing is key for Linux to sweep up the people tired of Microsoft. Hopefully Valve, Blizzard, and CryTek will do a good job of advertising Linux.

Beans

Blizzard has not actually done anything at all yet as far as I am aware. Feel free to correct me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

When (presumably) people see the Steam Box, and see the games that will be running on it upon release, they might start looking more kindly on Linux as a PC gaming platform.

At least, I hope so.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    When (presumably) people see the Steam Box, and see the games that will be running on it upon release, they might start looking more kindly on Linux as a PC gaming platform.

At least, I hope so.
    I hope it arrives soon. I won't be getting it as my PC is perfectly capable, but I yearn for the implications this will have for gaming on Linux. Crytek is already up for it and that's without the Steam Box. Let's see who else will join the party!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

This is amazing news. I hope they get the best programmer available to help them with this. Good really help Linux gamers out a bunch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast