Thread: Stop printer ejecting page at end of each print-job...

Beans

Stop printer ejecting page at end of each print-job...

Hi. With Linux, (but Ubuntu 10.04 in particular) is it possible to stop the printer automatically ejecting the page when a job has been sent to it?

Specifically, I am sending multiple print jobs, but which occupy little page-space and are placed top-to-bottom on page, while also trying different print-configurations with each in order to see which produces the best results. As it stands, I have to keep picking my page up off the floor (Canon iP4200) and placing it back into the paper-tray before I can carry out the next test - which is frustrating.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Stop printer ejecting page at end of each print-job...

Beans

Re: Stop printer ejecting page at end of each print-job...

Having had more than a glance at those links, I can't find anything relevant.

I had already searched long & hard on the net for info on this but couldn't find anything there either. Also, I have tried the Linux TurboPrint demo, there is no way of achieving what I wanted, even with this commercial app. And after playing with the M$ 'premier' app Qimage, running on a VirtualBox XP, I can't find a way to do it with that either.

Is it possible that a printer's firmware is hard-wired to spit-out a page once it has completed the job? Seems a trivial problem, yet no software seems to support it.