Thread: ubuntu 13.04 run very slow on my notebook

Beans

ubuntu 13.04 run very slow on my notebook

first of all, excuse my writing, I'm using google translator xD ... ok .. 'm to the point .. I installed ubuntu 13.04 64 bit version on my notebook .. but it runs very slow .. I do not understand .. linux mint 13 is fluid in my notebook .. Today update ubuntu drivers, I believed that the ubuntu official to be fast on my notebook .. any advice?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: ubuntu 13.04 run very slow on my notebook

The Mint "equivalent" of Ubuntu 13.04 is Mint 15 -- and if you installed that, you would likely see the same poor performance.

Mint 13 is more like Ubuntu 12.04 -- and if you want better runtime performance on a notebook, you should consider Lubuntu, instead of Ubuntu.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What graphics card is in your notebook? If it is an Nvidia or an ATI Radeon HD 5000 or above, you can install additional drivers to make the graphics faster. Go into the Software Sources program and click on the Hardware Drivers tab and you will be given the option to install a graphics driver if there is one available for Linux.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fakundo View Post
    first of all, excuse my writing, I'm using google translator xD ... ok .. 'm to the point .. I installed ubuntu 13.04 64 bit version on my notebook .. but it runs very slow .. I do not understand .. linux mint 13 is fluid in my notebook .. Today update ubuntu drivers, I believed that the ubuntu official to be fast on my notebook .. any advice?
    It would help if you would tell your notebook's specs: CPU and RAM.