Thread: Cannot Connect to WIFI: Realtek RTL8188CE

Beans

Angry Cannot Connect to WIFI: Realtek RTL8188CE

***I AM RUNNING UBUNTU 14.04 FROM A FLASH DRIVE***
    I previously tried to install ubuntu, but could not resolve an issue with my wireless (my wireless sofware switch was not supported)

On Toshiba Satellite L630-Bt2N15 and am unable to connect to my home wifi, while running from the USB. I can select a network from a list of wifi connections and it attempts to connect, but eventually tells me it is unable to connect. My router isn't having any issues as far as I can tell. Booting with windows I am not having issues and my phone connects fine. Ethernet connection works just fine.

Looking around the forums I was unable to find a solution to my issue.

One thread asked a user to run this code:
    Code:
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
    The results:
    Code:
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v1.0 Gigabit Ethernet [1969:1073] (rev c0)
        Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:ff1e]
        Kernel driver in use: atl1c
    02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter [10ec:8176] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device [10ec:8181]
        Kernel driver in use: rtl8192ce
    A sticky post asked for the attached output. The same post lead me to a page that let me know my wireless hardware IS compatible
    ************EDIT: After completing a clean install of Ubuntu I was able to get wireless to work. I used the instructions from the supported hardware page which led me to the PPA for my card
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GnowledgedGnome; June 21st, 2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Explained as solved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Cannot Connect to WIFI: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v1.0

Can't help with this at the moment (need to go out), but I have changed the thread title to give you a better chance of specific help with that card. Getting it working should be do-able without much effort. Back later, but hopefully someone else will leap in before then. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Beans

Re: Cannot Connect to WIFI: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v1.0

To clarify the Atheros adapter is for my ethernet connection. I am having issues with my wireless connection (Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Cannot Connect to WIFI: Realtek RTL8188CE

Title fixed. It will appear as the title you see on the first post in all search lists.

Beans

Re: Cannot Connect to WIFI: Realtek RTL8188CE

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Title fixed. It will appear as the title you see on the first post in all search lists.
    Thank you for your help. I hope the forums will help me resolve this issue so I can be up and running Ubuntu soon.