Thread: 2 NIC cards, 2 internet connections and splitting them

Beans

2 NIC cards, 2 internet connections and splitting them

Hi everyone,

I've a labtop with 2 NIC cards installed, wich are getting 2 connections from different APs lodging different networks. These both interfaces are managed by the program WPA_Supplicant.

I have a programm which should use one or another interface depending on my interests and sometimes, both at the same time, so one thread of the programm should work under the first interface and the second thread should work under the 2nd interface (creating two separated programs/files is not a problem if it's required). The fact is that when both connections are active at the same time, I cannot tell to each thread (or to each programm, as mentioned) which interface to use, and they both are simply going through the first interface (despite the second one is already active).

Is it possible to solve??? How can I tell to every thread of the programm which connection to use??

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by kalamarnin; July 1st, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Beans

Re: 2 NIC cards, 2 internet connections and splitting them

Quote Originally Posted by kalamarnin View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've a labtop with 2 NIC cards installed, wich are getting 2 connections from different APs lodging different networks. These both interfaces are managed by the program WPA_Supplicant.

I have a programm which should use one or another interface depending on my interests and sometimes, both at the same time, so one thread of the programm should work under the first interface and the second thread should work under the 2nd interface (creating two separated programs/files is not a problem if it's required). The fact is that when both connections are active at the same time, I cannot tell to each thread (or to each programm, as mentioned) which interface to use, and they both are simply going through the first interface (despite the second one is already active).

Is it possible to solve??? How can I tell to every thread of the programm which connection to use??

Thanks a lot.
    Nobody?????? Is it simply possible?????????
    Last edited by kalamarnin; July 2nd, 2013 at 02:58 PM.