Thread: Problems with Gnomebaker installation

Hybrid View

Beans

Problems with Gnomebaker installation

Dear friends,

I posted my message on Linux Mint forum, but nobody has replied to me. Perhaps, some of you could give me a good advice.

I tried to install (in terminal) Gnomebaker in my LM 15. But something went wrong along the way. It couldn't install all the necessary packages. Now I have two problems. 1) I still do not have Gnomebaker (the best CD/DVD burner for Linux). All other burners (especially Brasero) are rubbish. 2) Whenever I start the Update Manager, a warning dialog box pops up. It is related to partially installed Gnomebaker. How can I get rid of all traces of Gnomebaker's installed packages (to avoid this warning message for good)?
    I know; the best would be have Gnomebaker properly installed – but, whatever I tried, it didn't work out. What should I do?

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Problems with Gnomebaker installation

gnomebaker is no more a package used by ubuntu since Lucid (quite oldish)
    use k3b to get a good tool

but the real question is : why burning nowadays ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

k3b is a nice tool. It downloads quite a few dependencies on a Unity/Gnome-shell machine but don't seem to cause problems. As to why burn nowadays? For me, USB drives are pretty cheap but they're not as cheap as DVD-RWs at $.30 each and they're reusable. And there are some middle-aged machines that can be cantankerous about booting from a USB flash drive. Booting DVD's is 100% for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

if you're always just burning iso's to disc, then simply using the command line would suffice. heck, even nautilus has built-in burning capabilities.

can't help with gnomebaker, sorry

Beans

Ok. I have given up the idea of installing Gnomebaker. Now, how to get rid of partially installed Gnomebaker packages? I have tried kb3. It doesn't burn folders. You have to unpack them to burn the content. I don't like it. Or … maybe I don't know how to burn whole folders.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support.