Thread: Dual 30"monitor video card support

Dual 30"monitor video card support

I'm new to this forum, my machine has just passed away and I'm having to replace it. I've got two 30inch monitors and I remember when I set this up last time it was a pain. I've read that Nvidia is better supported than ATi and so I'm thinking I should go with NVidia this time around. I'm trying to figure out of this is the right way to go and what card to get. I don't do anything hard with it like gaming. It's just programming, web browsing, document reading etc. What graphics card is capable of supporting two 30 inch monitors (2560*1600). I've looked at a few options but I'm confused and when I look at the product specs it just says that it has this output that output etc etc and max resolution of 2560*1600, I just don't know if it can power more than one at the same time or not!

The only one that actually mentions driving two monitors at that resolution is

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Nux Jam
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Dual 30"monitor video card support

when you glance at the card specs, you should see if it support multi monitors output, and with the max resolution

here is a review from 12 months back (so you need to glance at more recent cards too):

Re: Dual 30"monitor video card support

So if it supports resolutions of 2560*1600 and it supports multi monitor does that mean it can run two monitors at 2560*1600? I was under the impression that it wouldn't necessarily be able to do both at that resolution just because it could do one at that resolution.

For example the Gigabyte GV-N64OC-2-GI the specs can be found at

It doesn't directly say it supports dual monitor but I'm assuming it can as it has two Dual link DVI connections. It has a max res of 2560*1600 so you're saying that it would be fine to run two 30 inch monitors off that.
    Last edited by rjft197; July 2nd, 2013 at 04:44 AM.