Thread: XenCenter login failure to new XCP-XAPI box

Beans

XenCenter login failure to new XCP-XAPI box

I've done a fresh install of Ubuntu Server 12.04 and installed xen-hypervisor on top of that (as per these instructions).

I already had XenCenter on my PC. When I try to add my new server in XenCenter I get an error in XenCenter "Incorrect username and/or password". I'm certain that I'm using the same username and password that I used in the Ubuntu install, and which successfully logs in over putty.

I found one page that talked about updating /etc/pam.d/xapi but it looks like the formatting is messed up and I can't work out what it's supposed to say. It says to do this which looks like garbled nonsense to me:

# echo -e “#%PAM-1.0nauthtincludetcommon-authnaccounttincludetcommon-authnpasswordtincludetcommon-auth” > /etc/pam.d/xapi”

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the login working from XenCenter? I can't use my new Xen installation without that.

Beans

Re: XenCenter login failure to new XCP-XAPI box

I've managed to de-garble the line in the /etc/pam.d/xapi file. If you change the file to look like this, you should be able to log in with XenCenter:

#%PAM-1.0
    auth include common-auth
    account include common-auth
    password include common-auth

Hope that helps someone who comes across a similar issue in future.