Thread: Installation ERP based software

Hybrid View

Beans

Unhappy Installation ERP based software

Hi to All

I am a new user of Ubuntu. For me it is really a great and exciting journey using a new platform like Ubuntu. I am Head HR by profession for a reputed construction firm in Doha, Qatar.

We, in our office are using "FOCUS 6" as a management software. Therefore i have to use the same as well for HR solutions. This is ERP software and i think it is built on Microsoft platform "because all reports are generated in MS Excel". This is also internally linked to our Company server.

I wanted to install and use this program from my Ubuntu laptop. As i am not an IT professional, i do not know weather this will support my system or not. Can anyone help me to understand if this software will support my pc or not. If yes, how can i do this and if no, what can i do to get connected with this program.

Anticipating a professional support from any of you in this forum.

Thanking you in advance.

Best Regards
    Hyder

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Installation ERP based software

Windows software will not run natively in Linux; instead, it requires a compatibility layer of software -- provided by Wine.

Installing Windows apps in Wine is often a very difficult process, so there are companion utilities that can aid in this -- Crossover Linux, and Play on Linux.

All of these are available from Codeweavers -- at their WineHQ website.

Also at that website is their Application Compatibility Tool -- which rates Windows apps running in Wine from Platinum (everything works), to Bronze (nearly nothing works), to Garbage (nothing works and/or won't install).

The following is a link to that page: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...Ascending=true

But ... you don't need to go there for this app, because I did that and it's not listed -- meaning, most likely, it is NOT going to work in Wine.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but the best environment for running specialized Windows apps is -- Windows.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Thread moved to the Wine forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I think this software is from India. You can try with any Indian LoCo team or forum. They may help you if they have solution.