Thread: Gnome shell theme issues

Threaded View

Beans

Gnome shell theme issues

Hey everyone!

I've been using Gnome shell 3.6 since a few months ago and i wanted to get rid of ubuntu's orange color in everything.... So I searched for a way to do it and found this: http://antecblue.wordpress.com/2011/...-active-color/

I found that I was able to change colors but, from time to time, GS crashes at boot time and gives me:

1) low resolution at startup (I can walkaroud this temporarily by executing " r " at [alt+F2] to reload the window manager, keeps happening )

2) The iconset is back again to ubuntu's default plain orange. I like gnome's

3) selection colors are back to orange + orange

The message i get, which I can read complete because the screen doesn let me is this one:
    (here, you can see the iconset was switched back to ubuntu's)

Here, i show you the Gnome shell's native selection blue color settings wich get messed up with ubuntu's orange colors:

I've already tried to remove ubuntu-settings with no avail.

Does anyone have a clue what could be happening? How can I get rid of ubuntu's theme once and for all?

Thanks!

Oh, this only happens on my desktop running Raring with an nvidia video card. Runnig Precise on the netbook behaves just nice (GS 3.4).

UPDATE: The main issue is: why GS crashes and switches themes?
    Last edited by Tulainas; June 29th, 2013 at 04:44 PM.