Thread: /webmail for all domains

Beans

/webmail for all domains

I have apache installed on Debian 7 and would like webmail in all areas of my VPS, when a field visit www.yourdomain.com/webmail goes to the webmail software that is installed in /var/www/webmail/
    How can I do this? I have to put in the vhost file for each domain?
    Last edited by tiagoev; June 28th, 2013 at 02:50 PM.

Beans

Re: /webmail for all domains

There are a variety of methods for this if you are using Apache. You can add an "alias" directive to each domain that points to the common mailserver software:

Code:
    <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.domain1.name
    Alias /webmail /var/www/webmail
    [stuff]
    </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.domain2.name
    Alias /webmail /var/www/webmail
    [stuff]
    </VirtualHost>
    Handling outbound addressing in this setting can be tricky. In SquirrelMail, for instance, you'll need to use its personalization features so each person sends mail with the proper user@domain. Without this you can end up with everyone having "From: user@yourdomain.com" addresses rather than "From: user@herdomain.com".

If you have some experience with PHP (I'm guessing that is what the webmail software is written in), you could design a custom login page where the person enters user@domain.name and a password. You would then parse the domain from the login address and proceed accordingly.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Was putting a file in the directory webmail.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/

With the following content:

Alias ​​/webmail /var/www/webmail/

<Directory "/var/www/webmail/">
    Options Indexes FollowSimlinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow, deny
    Allow from all
    AddDefaultCharset off
    </ Directory>

This recognizes the way I want, but this appears "No input file specified.".

I'm doing it right? How can I fix this error?

Beans

FollowSymLinks is misspelled.

Also your first stop in debugging is to check /var/log/apache2/error.log.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Beans

No error on the case.

[Fri Jun 28 15:26:13 2013] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [notice] Digest: done
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 18721)
    PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [error] python_init: Python version mismatch, expected '2.7.2+', found '2.7.3'.
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [error] python_init: Python executable found '/usr/bin/python'.
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [error] python_init: Python path being used '/usr/lib/python2.7/:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/$
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [notice] mod_python: Creating 8 session mutexes based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [notice] mod_python: using mutex_directory /tmp
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
    [Fri Jun 28 15:26:14 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) DAV/2 mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0910052141 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 PHP/5.4.4-14+deb7u2 mod_pytho$

Beans

You might see whether one of these solutions helps.