Thread: ubuntu 10.10 black screen on Macbook pro 6.2

Beans

Cool ubuntu 10.10 black screen on Macbook pro 6.2

Hi all,

I have used ubuntu 10.10 on Macbook pro 6.2 since 2010 with dual boot. There is no any problem at all. I did not upgrade to the latest version of Ubuntu since the upgrading needs much time and also boring work is necessary for reconfiguring the environment. So I am still using Ubuntu 10.10 and happy for that. But since last month, I met the black screen from time to time. After I log into Ubuntu 10.10, it works fine at first. But after some time, when I click a window and start some programs, the screen will be black and I cannot see anything on screen. The harddriver is still running and the keyboard is also in lighting. When I switch to Mac OSX, OSX works fine.

I searched the forum and found the similar problems from others:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1588763

But there are no solutions available for this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Joe
    Last edited by mysydney; June 28th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Beans

Re: ubuntu 10.10 black screen on Macbook pro 6.2

10.10 has been completely unsupported for over a year. It is difficult for us volunteers to Support you with an operating system that is Unsupported by its creator.
    I suggest to try a Live USB of 12.04LTS and/or 13.04 to see if it resolves this problem.

Beans

Re: ubuntu 10.10 black screen on Macbook pro 6.2

Thank you very much! I will try your solution.