Thread: Choppy flash audio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Choppy flash audio

I ve had this problem for the last year but I cant find a way of fixing it. I m using the latest flash version. Its now the 32 bit one as I tried that to see if it worked better than the 64 bit one (it doesnt), I ve tried so many things, like disabling hardware acceleration, all sorts but nothing works, I m at the end of my tether. I Googled it and there are lots of posts I ve tried so many things I cant remember them all. Can anyone sort it ?
    Gigabyte Brix AMD A8-5545 APU/Radeon HD8510G Graphics/8Gb RAM

Beans

Re: Choppy flash audio

Is this on the machine with the hardware specs in your signature? That's a pretty fast machine, it should be up to the challenge!

I have best results first downloading the video and then watching it from my hard drive using VLC or mplayer. Have you tried this method yet?

Beans
    Distro

Yes, it is, always used to work ok, in fact I ve only recemtly discovered it was Flash - I d always thought it was an ISP problem.

I often do download things to watch them, but I shouldnt have to, it should just work.

I m trying to watch something on iplayer and you have to have iplayer desktop to download stuff - all the download agents I ve tried simply dont detect iplayer videos - but that wont download it either, it says there was a problem ! Argh !!

Beans
    Hidden!

I believe iplayer-desktop is no longer working for Linux, however, I suggest you try get-iplayer, either direct from the normal ubuntu repos, or alternatively from the ppa (using
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer
    to enable the ppa) which I use quite a lot; it's not perfect but it does a pretty good job most of the time as long as there is a download of the appropriate type available at the BBC.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

^ If you are going to use get_iplayer then you must use the PPA version as the version in the standard repositories doesn't work anymore.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Distro

Ok, thanks, but I ve tried to install getiplayer before without success, I m not that bothered about it anyway and it wont help play Flash from all the other sites that dont use html5 yet, only iplayer stuff.

I ve watched what I wanted on iplayer now and put up with the choppiness (the video is slightly choppy as well, I noticed).

All I want to do is watch ANY Flash video without choppiness, anyone got any suggestions as to why I cant do that and what I can do to make it work ? ?

Beans
    Hidden!

What graphic chip does that ASUS card use and what driver do you have installed for it?
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro

nVidia chip, downloaded extra drivers for it.

In "system" it says "Gallium 0.4 on NV98", since 12.04, I think, it says "standard" experience, I always used to go for "enhanced", cant find any way to do that now, other than by installing CCSM