Thread: Scribus hogging resources

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Scribus hogging resources

Scribus 1.4.1

I've been spending the day learning how to use Scribus. Sometimes, however, such as when I change color profiles or want to check out print previews, the program ramps up to 100% CPU usage and it freezes until it's finished. It's not crashing entirely, but it is annoying. Is it something I'm doing, or is there something I can do to avoid this?
    Last edited by Buntu Bunny; June 27th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Scribus hogging resources

Quote Originally Posted by Buntu Bunny View Post
    Scribus 1.4.1

I've been spending the day learning how to use Scribus. Sometimes, however, such as when I change color profiles or want to check out print previews, the program ramps up to 100% CPU usage and it freezes until it's finished. It's not crashing entirely, but it is annoying. Is it something I'm doing, or is there something I can do to avoid this?
    Sadly the application is known for that. With the old 1.3.x versioning there was a horrible xorg memory leak. They may or may not have ever fixed that.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Scribus hogging resources

Quote Originally Posted by compiledkernel View Post
    Sadly the application is known for that. With the old 1.3.x versioning there was a horrible xorg memory leak. They may or may not have ever fixed that.
    Apparently not, LOL. That's not good news, but at least I know what's going on. It's not the first quirk I've had with Scribus, but maybe once I know what to expect I'll be able to take it all in stride.

Thanks for that Compiledkernel. It helps to know.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers