Thread: "About Ubuntu" strangely outdated on Ubuntu.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

"About Ubuntu" strangely outdated on Ubuntu.com

Hey all. An oddity - I was poking around for something on the Ubuntu home page, and noticed an oddity at the bottom of the "About Ubuntu" page:

Obviously, Ubuntu's focus today is certainly not netbooks. = / But "Ubuntu Netbook Edition" is even more specific than that - Wikipedia says it was called "Ubuntu Netbook Remix" until 10.04, and of course it merged into the desktop edition in 11.04, so this page would seem to have been last updated around 2010.

(Incidentally, did Lenovo ever release consumer hardware running Ubuntu? I know they sell it to businesses, which might count, and the consumer hardware is often "Ubuntu certified," but that's not the same thing. (Dell, technically, does have the XPS 13 Developer Edition now, although the Dell machines with Ubuntu when this was presumably written were, indeed, netbooks.))

I submitted a bug report, but it was such an oddity that I felt the need to share. = )
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: "About Ubuntu" strangely outdated on Ubuntu.com

as i know they had Dell Vostro and some Inspirons with Ubuntu preloaded. they still do.

i think i have seen Lenovo with Ubuntu in Asia.

HP here come Suse preloaded.

BTW i think they are overhauling Ubuntu website just now.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: "About Ubuntu" strangely outdated on Ubuntu.com

Right on. So this'll probably be taken care of then, too. Thanks.

Edit: Bug reports work. Someone's working on it now.
    Last edited by Copper Bezel; June 28th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~