Thread: Nvidia console crashes when updating resolution from Auto to 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz

Beans

Question Nvidia console crashes when updating resolution from Auto to 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz

Hi,
    I use 12.10 64bit on core2Quad machine with 512MB Nvidia card from Galaxy (low end) as HTPC and file server. It is connected to (home Theater) reciver, which in turn in connected to Full HD Optoma Projector. All connections use HDMI cable.
    The thing is I use VNC to connect to this server, and when I need to re-boot it, it boots to 1920 X 1080 @ 30Hz WHEN the projector is OFF. If I reboot it without VNC and physically going to the server, it boots to 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz.
    Now this diff in Hz is the real issue. because if the server is booted with 30Hz, and I turn on the projector, the screen is always blurry and also the sound is gone half the time. So, I have to re-boot it phycically at the server to boot to 60Hz which gives me clear screen and audio.
    So, I googled this issue and found that I can change the settings in Nvidia console to sort this out.
    Now, I do see the setting for resolution and Hz. Currently it's set to "Auto". I know that if I set it to 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz. I should fix my issue.

BUT, when I try to update the value, the Nvida Console crashes every time and Ubuntu generates the crahs report to be sent to Ubuntu guys along with Nvidia logs.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thank you
    Bheju

Beans

Re: Nvidia console crashes when updating resolution from Auto to 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz

Bump...

Please help...

Beans

Re: Nvidia console crashes when updating resolution from Auto to 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz

Anybody??

Bump.