Thread: Want to start with qt but can't find Ubuntu projects

Beans

Want to start with qt but can't find Ubuntu projects

Hi,

I'm new in the Ubuntu world but I'd like to start making my own app with QT developer. I installed the QT Creator according to this link http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-star...ep-get-toolkit. After that I tried the follow the instructions in this tutorial. I find that there is no 'Ubuntu projects' in my list where there should be. Did something not install right? am I missing something. Am in the right place with this question?

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and am installing QT5.

Thanks in advance for any help

Johan

Beans

Re: Want to start with qt but can't find Ubuntu projects

Quote Originally Posted by Johanneman1 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new in the Ubuntu world but I'd like to start making my own app with QT developer. I installed the QT Creator according to this link http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-star...ep-get-toolkit. After that I tried the follow the instructions in this tutorial. I find that there is no 'Ubuntu projects' in my list where there should be. Did something not install right? am I missing something. Am in the right place with this question?

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and am installing QT5.

Thanks in advance for any help

Johan
    Did you open Qt Creator by searching for "Ubuntu SDK" in the dash? There are 2 QtCreator app launchers, once for vanilla QtCreator, the other is called "Ubuntu SDK" and features the QtCreator logo with a smaller Ubuntu circle-of-friends emblem on it. You need to launch it using that "Ubuntu SDK" entry for it to load the Ubuntu SDK plugins.

Beans

Re: Want to start with qt but can't find Ubuntu projects

OK, I feel properly stupid now

Thanks