Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to help me with a new name for my band?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Anybody want to help me with a new name for my band?

Quote Originally Posted by compiledkernel View Post
    And those would be?
    When the band I was in decades ago had our first large audience, our singer looked at all the people in the room and froze like a “deer in the headlights”. We were going to do Proud Mary. I am a base and sound like a toad-frog in a well. Even though I never sang in the band, I sang the base part of the song which is the only words I actually knew -- “rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river”. When I was finished the singer had come out of the stage-fright. I think that me actually doing something other that sitting on my stool playing my instrument was more shocking than the audience.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; June 27th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I am not very keen for names that have "The <insertwhatwearesupposedly>" in it.
    It's a shame since I was going to suggest "The no-names" or something similar Anyway, being hardcore protest music (or so I think), what about something like "Furious mushroom", "Enraged mushroom", etc.? (English is not my mother tongue so I'm not sure which sounds better for a native speaker, but something along the previous suggestions).
    Last edited by odiseo77; June 27th, 2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Funny what you can dig up on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9COpHXS7p_k
    I've played guitar for most of my life and bass, off and on for about the last 15 years. I'm mostly into Thrash Metal (Megadeth, Metallica,) Prog Metal(Dream Theater) and Classic Rock but anything that Rocks gets my attention.
    I've almost gotten a couple bands started over the years and it seems that the hardest thing to do is come up with a good, original sounding name. Seems like all the cool ones are taken. I think this is one of those times when you're going to just have to get the band together and drink a few to get into a creative mood then just write down anything and everything that comes to mind. A couple days later look at the list and see if anything stands out.
    Heck, sometimes names even happen by accident. Led Zepplin got their name when some guy told them that their band would go over like, well a Lead Zeplin, they changed up the spelling a bit an BINGO, they got a killer name. Megadeth got their name from a comment that a guy made after the Atomic Bomb came into being and coined the term for when more then a million people would be killed in a Atomic Blast. Once again, they changed up the spelling a bit and there you have it, another killer name. I'm sure you'll eventually come up with something. Keep the faith brother and keep on Rockin'
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Cattle Decapitation , The County Medical Examiners, and General Surgery are all taken, so you cant use those.

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Song titles from bands that have had an influence on your music are fertile ground for band names.
    +1
    Best suggestion so far, I was actually looking through my playlists last night for a decent song name. This is probably how I am going to choose a name.

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    Funny what you can dig up on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9COpHXS7p_k
    That's one of the other reasons we wanted to change name. We didn't actually know there was another band by the name of Sepulcher. That and the fact that people thought we were trying to imitate Sepultura. Which is crap, because we actually got the idea of the name 'Sepulcher' from Skyrim..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Thanks to anyone who takes the time to suggest a name.
    How about "In Before The Lock" A.K.A. IB4TL

DESTROID was already taken...

Last edited by VinDSL; June 28th, 2013 at 02:40 AM. Reason: BET YOU CAN'T WATCH IT JUST ONCE LOL
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Hard core metal, no "The" ,ok how about "Dystopia". If not liked ( or used already ) maybe go through a thesaurus looking for words which resonate with your work and see if anything synonomous and unused sounds good. I like one word names for bands, more dramatic somehow.

Beans

Inconveniently Real. Or swap out "real" for another word. Inconveniently Raw, perhaps? I definitely like "inconveniently <something>"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

How about the Z("zed" as in the Canadian pronunciation)Heads. So it's be ZHeads but be pronounced ZedHeads. I know, kind of stupid but like I said, it' HARD coming up with a name.
    OOOO, just thought about another one "Ded B4 Don"(dead before dawn). Kind of catchy.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast