Thread: Starting a project and need some advice

Beans

Starting a project and need some advice

I've decided I want to give something back to Ubuntu so I'm going to make a open source game. I can make the game myself no problem (provided I get time), but I have never made anything on linux and I've also never made anything open source. Anything I need to know about those 2 things?

Beans

Re: Starting a project and need some advice

Remember those two words OPEN and SOURCE; originate from the fact the code that you write is not owned by you but is -->OPEN<--- to all free of charge and the --->SOURCE<--- comes from the source code . Then you get to give to the community.

Beans

Re: Starting a project and need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by rootneg1reality View Post
    I've decided I want to give something back to Ubuntu so I'm going to make a open source game. I can make the game myself no problem (provided I get time), but I have never made anything on linux and I've also never made anything open source. Anything I need to know about those 2 things?
    Hi rootneg1reality,

What kind of game do you want to developed..?. Don't you mind if i join into your open source game..?. Because i am looking the open project in Ubuntu Application Development.

Best Regards,
    Iqbal