Thread: Disable Dash Previews

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Angry Disable Dash Previews

Ubuntu has a frightening history and ongoing trend toward adding more and MORE steps to what should be one-step operations. So is there any way to disable the Dash previews? It's ridiculous. I mean, new features are great. That's awesome. But there *has* to be some way to disable crap like this. And it's yet another "feature" that adds unnecessary steps to commonly used operations.

I just upgraded from 12.10. It's funny, ever time I upgrade, I'm astonished by how fast and new and fresh things feel. But then there's inevitably some ill-thought-out "feature" that makes me just roll my eyes when it pops up.

How long till every operation will be keyboard-only, but it only uses an on-screen keyboard? Or how long till this "wonderful" touch interface stops accepting tactile inputs at all?

Any ideas? Options? Is there a way to remove this "functionality"?

Yes, I'm ranting, but I'm also asking for an answer, so don't just move it to the "testimonials" section like last time.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Disable Dash Previews

It depends on what version of Ubuntu. Here's a discussion on the Smart-Scopes
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3