Thread: OS boots, no login screen

Beans

OS boots, no login screen

I had a theme that wonked up and added my taskbar and the dock together (makign either one impossible to click on) so I removed it and it removed my taskbar menu completely. Along with other problems, i searched online and installed "Boot repair" which boot up and fixed it (its all good now ) problem is, every time I turn on my computer, it boots up (before the log in page does) . So my question is either, how to stop it from loading on boot or how to delete it completely from my system? I've only been on this OS for about a month so I'm figuring things out little by little.

edit: sorry I didn't post what the problem was in the title, some plug in on firefox caused the broswer to crash D;
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; July 15th, 2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: broswer crashed

Re: [Lubuntu]

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_gibson View Post
    problem is, every time I turn on my computer, it boots up (before the log in page does) . So my question is either, how to stop it from loading on boot or how to delete it completely from my system? I've only been on this OS for about a month so I'm figuring things out little by little.
    What is "it?" My guess (because you did a Boot Repair) it is GRUB asking you options like Ubuntu, Other options for Ubuntu, or Memtest86+. Boot Repair is intended to fix system that can't even get to the login screen. So, I'm surprised that Boot Repair fixed your problem.

In order to get rid of that screen, you need to run Boot Repair again. This time, click the little arrow for "Advanced Options." Make sure that the "Main Options" tab is selected. UNCHECK "Reinstall GRUB" and "Unhide boot menu."

I haven't done this in a while, so if unchecking "Reinstall Grub" disables unchecking "Unhide boot menu," then don't worry and leave "Reinstall GRUB" checked.

Image from: Boot-Repair (Ubuntu Wiki). Edit by: DaAwesomeP (P_THE_AWESOME).
    Last edited by P_THE_AWESOME; July 15th, 2014 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Add image; Add image credits

Beans

hey thank you so much I did it and reboot and no reboot repair thing thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

As you got fix your problem, please, mark the thread as solved with thread tools in the right upper part of the web page.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by claracc View Post
    As you got fix your problem, please, mark the thread as solved with thread tools in the right upper part of the web page.

Thanks.
    ^^^
    This.

And I have changed the title of your thread to help others. You can edit the title yourself anytime within half an hour of posting the thread (Edit first post and 'Go Advanced'). Anytime after that, ask staff to change it for you. You were lucky this time, but generic titles generally reduce your chances of getting support.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_gibson View Post
    hey thank you so much I did it and reboot and no reboot repair thing thank you
    Glad to help you. Please mark your thread as solved as the others have suggested.