Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help with interpreting SMART data

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Help with interpreting SMART data

Quote Originally Posted by rubylaser View Post
    Take a photo of the case and setup. I'd love to see how it all turned out Sorry to hear about the drive not coming up, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. And, 1 hot spare is a great idea from a data security standpoint + you can always still add (2) more drives down the line if you need extra space.
    I'll post some pictures after I get some lunch.

I hooked the drives up outside the drive cage and all five of them loaded up, so it looks like that one or two slots on the drive cage are toast.

What a pain.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

That is a pain. It almost takes the enjoyment out of new hardware... almost Make sure that your power cables are really seated well into the dock. That's one reason I like mine with the old 4 pin Molex connectors, it's very obvious when they are connected.
    Last edited by rubylaser; July 8th, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

That is a pain. It almost takes the enjoyment out of new hardware... almost Make sure that your power cables are really seated well into the dock. That's one reason I like mine with the old 4 pin Molex connectors, it's very obvious when they are connected.
    Indeed. Those molex buggers are a pain to unplug.

The nice thing about this cage was the sata power cable were sorta peeking around the fan, so you could see where they were.

Oh well, 10 bucks to ship the cage back to Newegg for an RMA, hopefully the new one will arrive before the new drives come in, but if not, I got that covered.

Also, pictures.

Side panel with drive cage after redoing the cabling:
    IMG_20130708_125554.jpg

Other side panel with drive cage:
    IMG_20130708_125538.jpg

Front:
    IMG_20130708_125611.jpg

Drives arranged without drive cage (they all fit!).
    IMG_20130708_164009.jpg

EDIT: I'm quite tempted to just put the OS drive in the hot swap bay and leave the RAID drives inside. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of a hot swap bay... but still...

EDIT2: It looks like the array is out 2 disks - one is rebuilding and the other is sitting at "unconfigured (bad)" That doesn't sound good at all...

EDIT3: I fixed the unconfigured (bad) drive by making it as good and then readding it to the array. I followed the instructions here:
    http://erikimh.com/raid-rebuilding-f...-disk-by-hand/
    Last edited by CharlesA; July 9th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    EDIT2: It looks like the array is out 2 disks - one is rebuilding and the other is sitting at "unconfigured (bad)" That doesn't sound good at all...

EDIT3: I fixed the unconfigured (bad) drive by making it as good and then readding it to the array. I followed the instructions here:
    http://erikimh.com/raid-rebuilding-f...-disk-by-hand/
    That's a nice looking setup. Believe me, once you get a working hot swap setup, you will enjoy having your disks in there Glad you figured out the unconfigured (bad) drive, I was going to provide directions but you figured it out before I had a chance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

That's a nice looking setup. Believe me, once you get a working hot swap setup, you will enjoy having your disks in there Glad you figured out the unconfigured (bad) drive, I was going to provide directions but you figured it out before I had a chance
    Thanks. It was nice while it lasted. Gogo gadget google.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234