Thread: We could gather some improvement ideas here (and show them to devs?)?

Beans

We could gather some improvement ideas here (and show them to devs?)?

Where can we submit linux improvement ideas?

I am running currently kubuntu and one of very annoying feature installing it is that you have to download language files on it on every install (that takes a lot of time, why they could not be added on the iso itself)?
    One another thing that I think Kubuntu is lacking is not having some newbie quide. I have been browsing net since installing linux and I have seen so many console commands that I have never ever seen before some are so complex that I have no idea what they do.

I want to help the linux community but I really don't know how. I think a lot of resources are waisted having so many different linux distros. You have to make your own logos, having own forums. It takes time to maintain these.

I don't know how automatic daily image builds are but I think we could consider having them once a week or even once a month?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: We could gather some improvement ideas here (and show them to devs?)?

Moved to Recurring Discussions . This has been discussed many times before , see the link . http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/
    “ Diversity: The art of thinking independently together ”

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: We could gather some improvement ideas here (and show them to devs?)?

Kubuntu still uses the Ubiquity installer, same as Ubuntu, doesn't it?

You don't have to download the language packs. There's a "Skip" button if you hit the little expanding triangle.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.