Thread: Problems with email using firefox

Beans

Problems with email using firefox

I'm a newbie & am having some troubles reading my emails (yahoo).

Once I login & click on a message, the inbox automatically "checks" for new emails, taking me back to the inbox & making it impossible to either read my emails or view attachments. I use this account for work & find this VERY inconvienient! I have tried looking in the firefox setting for something about refreshing but have found nothing.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I've purged windows from my system & need to get to my emails ASAP.

Thanks everyone for your time & dedication to helping us through these issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Problems with email using firefox

I just checked my Yahoo E-Mail account and everything is working normally in Firefox 22.

You may try clearing some of you Firefox History, something might have gotten corrupted in there that is preventing your Yahoo E-Mail from working correctly.

Screenshot from 2013-03-31 18:11:16.png

It might also be a good idea to install another Web Browser.

It is usually a good idea to have another one installed in case something major goes wrong with one of them.

That way you can still easily get online until you can get your main Browser straitened out.

Think of it as a spare tire for you car.

Beans

Re: Problems with email using firefox

I tried to install firefox 22, but to no evail. However, in the software centre I found that the "unity webapp for Yahoomail had been automatically installed. I read about it & it described the exact bug I've been experiencing, has been reported for ubuntu 13.04. I've removed the app & can now access my emails without troubles!