Thread: Re-open an old thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re-open an old thread

Hi,

When looking for a Linux alternative to Canon's LiveView software through Google, users quickly find an old thread on this forum. Unfortunately, no solution was found in that thread, and the thread has since been closed.
    I have since created an initial implementation of a native (open source) Linux program that serves the same purpose. To allow users to find this, it would be great if you could re-open the thread, so I can link my solution; it might also be an idea to rename the thread to include the [solved] prefix.

The thread is at:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1064208

And, my project is at:
    https://launchpad.net/liveview

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Re-open an old thread

I don't think there is anything to be gained, by reopening an old thread especially as the version being used at the time has reached EOL. I'd suggest creating a new thread, with a link to the old closed thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I don't think there is anything to be gained.
    If I create a new thread, then people will never find the solution, as the new thread is not the thread that appears at the top of Google. Re-opening the old thread will allow anybody searching for this problem to find the solution.

Opening a new thread as just as useful as not posting anything, people are just as likely to find the Launchpad page through Google (aka. quite unlikely).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I don't mind if you just edit the thread to put a link there, instead of re-opening it, but it needs to be linked in that thread.

I was looking for this solution a couple of years ago. Having now created the solution, I would like to make sure people searching for a solution like I was, will actually be able to find this.