Thread: Wireless Internet Connection

Beans

Exclamation Wireless Internet Connection

Dear friends,

I have recently installed Ubuntu 13.04 on my Asus K53 Laptop. However I was unable to install my internet driver. I am from India and using Reliance Netconnect. The install.sh script is showing error "Can not continue without qt3 runtime library". I am unable to install the same without internet. In this regard if you could point to me how I can download those packages alongwith dependencies offline (if at all possible) and install them manually, I'd be very much grateful, otherwise I will have to say goodbye to using Linux on my laptop.
    Also if I use KDE Linux distros, like Opensuse, Kubuntu, etc. will this problem still arise?

Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wireless Internet Connection

Hi,

please check these outputs:
    Code:
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
    lsusb
    lsmod

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by praseodym View Post
    Hi,

please check these outputs:
    Code:
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
    lsusb
    lsmod
    I'm sorry I can't do that as I uninstalled my Linux install. I want to be able to fully be able to use it before I can continue again.
    I have been able to mount my device and it is detecting and I can even access the folder to install the device driver, however it requires the aforementioned details.

Regards

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

So do you still want help with this issue or not? If no I shall close the thread. Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    So do you still want help with this issue or not? If no I shall close the thread. Thanks.
    The fact that I registered to the forum and posted this topic should answer your question, the rest is your decision. Thanks for the warm hospitality so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, you can run the commands from the livecd or liveusb, but anything you do will be gone when you reboot.

In almost all cases we can get the wireless to work but it is best after you have installed ubuntu.
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I'm sorry I can't do that as I uninstalled my Linux install.
    It's going to be hard for anyone to help you if you've not got a linux install

Once you've got it reinstalled, run the commands and post the output .

As far as downloading packages offline that's not going to be possible - but you can get them from outside an install.

You can get packages from here as necessary - http://packages.ubuntu.com/

You might also like to have a look here - I've seen similar issues here in the past - I did a quick search on an 'ubuntu' search engine that I use - http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0122857...ect&gsc.page=1

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    It's going to be hard for anyone to help you if you've not got a linux install
    This what I meant. Was wondering if you still want help as you don't have Ubuntu installed.

Beans

It is actually easy to set up.(in ubuntu)
    1. Go to Network Connectiions
    2. Click Add
    3. Choose which VPN is applicable to you(mine is mobile broadband as I am using internet modem from my service provider).
    4. Click on create.
    5. Get your 'Broadband provider's name','billing' etc from your service provider-mine is ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM and continue
    6. Choose your country and click continue.
    7. Choose your provider from the list.
    8. Choose your billing plan.(check the pack of the product you purchased,normally contained there).Or go to windows and look at your service providers interface 'network settings' for these information)
    9.Create your network.
    10. Insert your modem and look at the top of your desktop(connections tab), you should see your newly created network(suffixed with '1').Click on it to connect.
    11. Enjoy your browsing...
    Last edited by AguNnamdi; August 2nd, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Beans

This does not seem to work with reliance netconnect. Can you confirm it worked for you.