Thread: Komplete Audio 6 and the Jack Audio Server

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Komplete Audio 6 and the Jack Audio Server

Hi there!

I have an external sound card, the Komplete Audio 6, which I prefer to have jack use as it's interface, and in fact have to if my speakers are to work. However, as I only have one such interface, and two computers (one music-production computer, only connected to the Internet for the sole purpose of updating and suchlike - no casual net usage, and the other for torrents, frivolous web-page-visits and so on, switching this device between the two becomes very frequent as the days come and go.

My problem is that this is a very tiresome affair, because I have to stop/kill jack (jackd or jackdbus) altogether and start it anew once the device has been reconnected and "rediscovered". As I have all my usb-devices connected to a screen-hub, including my external sound-card, I wonder if there is a way to automate this kill/reconnect function as soon as either computer detects the device's presence. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot!

--> Riffsalot
    GNU/Linux is like a delicate lady - if it's doing something wrong, it's your fault.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Komplete Audio 6 and the Jack Audio Server

bump
    GNU/Linux is like a delicate lady - if it's doing something wrong, it's your fault.

Beans
    Distro

bump

any suggestions would be great!

Beans
    Distro

bumpreally, no one has any ideas on this?