Thread: Could not launch 'Desktop recorder'

Beans

Could not launch 'Desktop recorder'

I can't start RecordMyDesktop. The error message is:

"Could not launch 'Desktop recorder'
    Failed to execute child process "gtk-recordMyDesktop" (No such file or directory)"

The Applications menu entry (in Gnome fallback mode, Precise) has an entry with the command gtk-recordMyDesktop, which gives that error message. A terminal command '/usr/bin/gtk-recordMyDesktop' gives the message "No such file or directory". There is a Python script /usr/bin/gtk-recordMyDesktop on the computer. I just uninstalled and reinstalled this program with the Ubuntu Software Center.

What's wrong? Why can't I get this program to work? It has worked in the past.

Beans

Re: Could not launch 'Desktop recorder'

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaMozilla View Post
    I can't start RecordMyDesktop. The error message is:

"Could not launch 'Desktop recorder'
    Failed to execute child process "gtk-recordMyDesktop" (No such file or directory)"

The Applications menu entry (in Gnome fallback mode, Precise) has an entry with the command gtk-recordMyDesktop, which gives that error message. A terminal command '/usr/bin/gtk-recordMyDesktop' gives the message "No such file or directory". There is a Python script /usr/bin/gtk-recordMyDesktop on the computer. I just uninstalled and reinstalled this program with the Ubuntu Software Center.

What's wrong? Why can't I get this program to work? It has worked in the past.
    here the name is gtk-recordmydesktop

Code:
    $ ls /usr/bin |grep recordmy
    gtk-recordmydesktop
    recordmydesktop

$ file /usr/bin/gtk-recordmydesktop
    /usr/bin/gtk-recordmydesktop: a /usr/bin/python script, ASCII text executable
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mc4man; June 23rd, 2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added screen

Beans

Re: Could not launch 'Desktop recorder'

That was ridiculously simple. Thanks. The computer is littered with both spellings, and I didn't notice the misspelled command.