Thread: xfs mounting problems

Beans

xfs mounting problems

info from gparted
    result from trying to mount.

Sceenshot from Disk utility. The disk is from an ALDI NAS. I thought it would be quicker to take it from its enclosure and plug it directly into the PC to transfer a gb of photos,music,movies on to it. I was wrong, months later I still can't access /dev/sdb2. I set up /media/nas following instructions from other posts and still no joy.

My apologies for incorrectly loading pictures.
    Now on start up I get a message "an error occured while mounting /media/nas" . I selected s to skip .
    Disk utility only shows 1 volume on the 1.5TB disk. A 1 mb ext2 partition and the warning 'the partition is misaligned by 512 bytes.
    Gparted shows 502MB ext2, 1.36TB xfs (which is the partition I wish to write to) and 2.49MB unallocated.
    Terminal, after entering mount /dev/sdb2 (the 1.5TB volume identified in Gparted) yields 'mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb2, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. In somecases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg 1 tail or so'. (its not a 1 but I don't appear to have a piping symbol on my keyboard. a decade or more back in DOS it was above the 1 I think).
    I would like to be able to write to /dev/sdb2 without upsetting the other partition which I guess contains the NAS software.
    Last edited by old fool; June 24th, 2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: picture upload didn't work and numlock off

Beans

Re: xfs mounting problems

post deleted
    Last edited by old fool; June 24th, 2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: incorrect picture problem

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: xfs mounting problems

@old fool, you have triggered a Firefox bug by dragging and dropping your image into the forum message editor. Firefox has converted your image into base64 code. You cannot add an image that way. Please use the advanced editor and then click on the Manage Attachments button below the editor field to upload your image to the forum - this will be thumbnailed for you.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.