I've been reading several tutorials on setting up DansGuardian to have multiple filtering groups, and most of those involve steps that just plain aren't applicable to my situation. Basically, what I'd like to do if at all possible is this: Have every user on a single system be assigned to a group, such as "children" or "parents", where the children have one set of filtering rules while the parents have a less restrictive set of filtering rules (but not bypassing DansGuardian altogether). How I'd like for this to be done is have DansGuardian, after it's evaluated everything on a page, look at who's logged in and apply the appropriate filtering rules accordingly without the users having to supply their login credentials other than when logging onto their account on Ubuntu (or whatever) itself. I hope I'm making sense here. And if there is any such a setup out there, they sure don't explain how to set it up very clearly.

Basically, I saw tutorials that mentioned having multiple NICs installed, and that's not at all what I'm after here. What I'm talking about here is on the family computer. Also, I'd prefer something that uses a transparent proxy setup so that any browser one chooses is automatically filtered. Does anyone know of any such solution.

Thanx in advance,
Fred in St. Louis